Saturday 19 January 2013

Pro-life vigil in Dublin - Pro-choice counter demonstration

Wow what a day.
 
The Irish Pro-Life movement were having a gathering in Dublin today. 
To counter this the Pro-Choice movement planned a small silent demonstration. 
I received an invite to it on facebook from Katie.
 
Today really opened my eyes to the size and strength of the pro-life faction. 
Coaches upon coaches were parked along Merrion Square.
 
 
 
The people piled off the buses - ranging in age from children, to teenagers, to young adults, to middle age, to elderly people.  A lot of (old) nuns and (old) priests...
 

I had made up some signs.  
 

Katie & I met up with Mary & Kasey (aunt & cousin)
 


 
The turnout of our people just could not be compared to the pro-lifers:




But even in our small numbers I was glad I attended. 
This has shown me that it is more important than ever that we need to keep doing more and more.


Edit.  See here for online coverage and photograph of Katie & I.

1 comment: