Saturday 18 October 2014

Vintage Kitchen Poolbeg Street

Enid rang me yesterday to say she had just got a cancellation at The Vintage Kitchen in Poolbeg Street.  I suggested she ring them and see if they could fit two additional people in would which mean our cousin and her weekend guest could come as well.

I am very tired so this is going to be a lazy post but let me assure you that everything about it is as good as the word on the street.
The chowder: "omg this is the best chowder I've ever tasted"
The risotto: "omg this is the best risotto I've ever tasted"
The fish cake: "omg this is the best fish cake I've ever tasted"
You get the picture!

Anyway a picture tells a thousand words so have a look at photos of all the food loveliness below.

Ps.  Vintage Kitcken is BYO - thank you to Kasey for bringing the lovely wine

Donegal smoked haddock, wild samphire & chorizo chowder

Wild pink prawn, chili & soft herb risotto

Roasted wild Irish Sea ling wrapped in Parma ham, crispy cod fish cake, caper sauce

Wicklow Duck liver creme, lime jelly, pistachio, toast & raisin, apple & star anise jam


Slaney river Slow roasted lamb shank,  treacle gravy, roasted parsnips,  sweet potato and beans


Roasted poussin,  caprese salad, horseraddish sauce, sauteed potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment