Saturday 20 December 2014

The Little Museum of Dublin

My cousin Kasey was given a great gift by her mam of membership to The Little Museum of Dublin.  As part of the membership she received an invitation to their Christmas drinks.

Before the party we went to Yamamori Isakaya for a bite to eat.

Cocktail special - 2 for €15.  I got a Sake Daiquiri and Kasey got an Isakaya Lychee (if I remember correctly!)

We ordered a few little tapas plates to share - tempura prawns, pork belly, prawn dumplings, sweet potato wedges, seaweed salad.  It was all delicious.

Then we headed over to The Little Museum of Dublin where we had a really lovely evening.

Nice glass of wine beside their impressive and pretty Christmas tree.

I loved all the 1980's memorabilia.

Jim Tunney - a Fianna Fail politician, and a neighbour of ours growing up.
The less I say about Bertie Ahern on the left probably best. My blood boils just thinking about him.

I stuck this picture up on facebook and it got a lot of reaction - seeing Santa in Switzers was a big part of a Dubliner's childhood in the 80's and the badge reminded and struck a chord with a lot of my friends.

Just before we were leaving (train to catch!) the director of the museum, Trevor White, introduced himself and we had a nice chat.  A very nice man - see him do a Tedx talk about Civic Pride here.

I'd never been to the museum before, but I certainly liked the flavour I got last week and will be back to do the tour and see the whole museum proper.

1 comment: