Saturday 2 July 2016

Golden oldie photies

I called into my mothers on Friday evening and we enjoyed looking at some old photos that she had come across.
 
I hadn't seen this photo for years, in fact I thought it had been lost so I was delighted to see it.  This is Enid and I age 17 on St Stephen's day heading into our part time work in the restaurant of The Gresham Hotel.
 
I used to love our uniforms!!!  Proper heavy wool type skirts, cute little blouse with a pink ribbon/neck type.  And then these little cute aprons - as long as your apron was washed and ironed you looked decent!
 
We worked in The Gresham with two friends of ours and we had a wonderful time and have lots of fun and hilarious stories about working in a "posh" Dublin hotel.

 
This is from around the same time also.  This is Enid and I heading off to our Debs.  We stopped wearing the same clothes when we were 12 (our confirmation was the last same outfit) but then decided to wear the same for our Debs...  When I think back, 12 is very old to still be dressing the same, we were pretty innocent at that age!  I am glad we wore the same to our Debs though!

No comments:

Post a Comment