Thursday 9 March 2017

Andy Warhol in Dubln!

How exciting is this!
There is a really little small gallery in Dublin not far from me that has scored a real coup and has some of the most wonderful well known contemporary art on show for literally just two weeks!
Andy Warhol, Banksy, Basquiat, and Bambi and others.
I was really excited to hear about this a couple of months ago and marked it in my diary as a must do.

How beautiful is this Warhol

Oh just a few amazing Banksy's...in little ol' Dublin!!!!

This is "interesting".  It's a limited edition (67/300) print of a Basquiat original.  The original is painted on slats of wood - if you look closely you can see the lines of the wood going through the picture.  For me part of the vibrance of the original is the fact it's painted on wood and is almost 3d because of that.  This piece/the print feels flat in comparison.

The price however is not flat! €67,000 if you're asking!

I had not heard of Bambi before.  I like their work a lot!

It was a really enjoyable gallery visit, and I'll definitely be back.  The art is amazing and also, again just the whole thing about these world famous artists being in the basement gallery in an old Georgian building in Dublin all just feels very surreal and little bit special.

One week left!  Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment