Wednesday 29 April 2015

Driving test day

Today one of my little sister's had her driving test.  I just sent her a text this morning to say Good Luck and left it that.  I figured she had enough of me telling her how to drive when I was in the car with her without me texting her about it too, plus she is a good little beginner driver so I would have bet she would pass.

Which she did!
Here she is straight after the test with her new N (novice) plates which replace her L (learner) plates. She's pretty happy as you can see.  

The N plates are a new thing in Ireland.  Back in my day you were a Learner on a Provisional licence until you got passed your test and got your real licence.  But they weren't too strict back then and you could drive unaccompanied on L plates etc.  Nowadays it is much stricter and you cannot drive unaccompanied as a Learner driver.  The test is more difficult now as well.  And now they have introduced these N plates.  I am not sure how long Katie will have to display these until she is a fully qualified driver.  Probably a year or so.


I got her a card and a silly little car gift to say Well Done ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Big congrats to your sister passing the driving test Dublin! We hope she has many years of safe driving in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise, finding the right driving instructor is crucial, it is important that a driving instructor make a person feel at ease whilst teaching them to drive, learning to drive can be stressful, for instructor as well as for pupil which is why it is so important to be able to feel at ease with the instructor. driving instructor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to your sister Katie, as she passed the driving test Dublin with flying colors. We believe she has ages of secure driving in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete