Saturday 26 March 2016

Changing Times, Changing Tastes

 As you know I have acquired some quirky new crockery recently, read about it here. On that basis, this weekend I am getting rid of the last dregs of my old (and now discontinued) Denby blue reflex set
 
This is all that remains of the set I bought approx. 15/16 years ago.  I cannot describe how much I adored this pattern back then.  And I cannot describe how much I abhor it now!
Ok so "abhor" is a strong word.  There is nothing wrong with it, I guess my taste has just changed...and that's ok!
 
This is my new crockery.  
It's hickey and fussy and a little ironic because of that :-)
If I get 15/16 years out of these too I will be happy I tell you! 
 
Reduce, reuse, recycle
Update. I put the Denby up on facebook and a friend of mine who bought her set around the same time as me is going to take them.  I am glad to see that they will be reused. She has bought new crockery since then but has a few of the Denby left - and her husband apparently loves them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment