Sunday 22 January 2017

Why I march

Yesterday I was part of a 5000 strong crowd in Dublin rallying in solidarity with the Women's March on Washington.

I march because of all who have fought in the past for women's rights.  I march for the present for all who are targeted by hate, racisim, homophobia, sexism, xenophobia, misogyny....  I march for the future, for a world where someone like Donald Trump has become the President of one of the most powerful nations in the world.  Where a man whose actions in business demonstrate him to be a liar, and a cheating dishonest person.  Where a man whose actions to, and words about women, demonstrate him to be a sexist misogynist man with no respect for women...and it makes me fearful for women's rights in the future.  Where a man who is filled with such hate for his humankind that he talks about building walls to keep people out and targeting individual groups of people because of actions of a few. 

As Martin Luther King said "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." ...and that is why I will continue to march and will continue to stand up and say No.

What will you do?

For more inspirational quotes from MLK I urge you to read here: http://www.great-quotes.com/quotes/author/Martin+Luther/King


*Photo copyright Tara Rose facebook

2 comments: