Tuesday 4 April 2017

The Beauty Queen of Leenane

During the week on my intranet in work I saw something that made me think of wanting to go see The Beauty Queen of Leenane.  I mentioned it to Enid and she said she'd like to go too.  So that was cool.  I would have gone on my own anyway but it's always nice to go to something with Enid.

It was so so good!  Every time I go to the theatre I say I need to go more often. If you remember I said the exact same thing in a blog from a couple of months ago...
Our seats were a bit rubbish to be honest, I guess I had left it very late to be buying Saturday night tickets a couple of days before it.  But even so we had a great night.
It was a tough watch at times.  It's a black comedy and sometimes it veered very much into the black.  But that's the good thing about live theatre it challenges you and makes you think. And makes you talk - I walked part of the way home with Enid talking about it and then turned around and back into town.

Enid...our seats were right up in the Gods, hence the stairs pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment